XXVIII CONGRESS OF THE INTERNATIONAL SOCIETY OF BIOMECHANICS (ISB)
Digital Congress 25-29 July, 2021
SPEAKER AND ABSTRACT SUBMITTERS’ DECLARATION AND COPYRIGHT REQUIREMENTS
You who have submitted an abstract to the XXVIII Congress of the International Society of Biomechanics (ISB 2021) need to ensure that both you and the International Society of Biomechanics are given permission by the authors of the material to show submitted material as follows:
All participants need to ensure that the International Society of Biomechanics have copyright to show all material – any violation of the Copyright Act can therefore not be held the International Society of Biomechanics legally responsible for.
The above is a prerequisite for your participation in the XXVIII Congress of the International Society of Biomechanics (ISB 2021).
What does copyright require?
- The person who wrote the original text owns the copyright to the text and needs to give their approval to others if they want to show and use the text in other contexts.
- Anyone who has taken original images or made original illustrations owns the copyright to these works and needs to give their approval to others if they want to show and use the images or illustrations in other contexts. It is not permitted to copy or borrow images from, for example, the internet or other people’s presentations, unless it is explicitly stated that the author gives his permission for free use. Everything else is a violation of copyright law. There is both national and international legislation. Today, there are programs that automatically search the web for material used without copyright.
- The person who designed the sound and music owns the copyright to the sound or music and needs to give their approval to others if they want to show and use the sound and music in other contexts.
- An approval from the copyright holder needs to be proven and should therefore be in writing. It must be clear what the copyright holder is gives its consent to. In this case, you need to ensure that the framed points are covered by your permission to use the original works.
- The copyright holder may demand financial compensation from you to be able to use the original works.
- The Abstract Submitter grants the Organizers the license and right to use, reproduce, publish, translate, distribute, and display the Content or any part thereof, in any manner and on any platform or media whatsoever, in each Organizer’s absolute discretion, on a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable nonexclusive basis.
- I herewith confirm that the contact details saved in the system are those of the presenting author, who will be notified about the status of the abstract. The presenting author is responsible for informing the other authors about the status of the abstract. The submitting author may request to be copied on the abstract correspondence.
- I understand that the presenting author must be a registered participant.
If you disagree and do not accept the above, please contact the secretariat no later than 20 July, 2021 firstname.lastname@example.org